Monday, February 22, 2010

i'm no baker...

...and I'm usually a procrastinator. But today I baked something ahead of schedule!

I wanted Camille to be able to bring treats to school for her birthday next week and I've been trying to think of the least messy (but still tasty!) goodie for her to share with her friends. So I decided to bake some

MONSTER COOKIES!

I had seen a super simple recipe on another blog and decided to give it a try. All you need is:


*1 Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies mix
*1 Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookies mix
*1 bag of M&M's (I used mini's, and probably only about half the bag)
*and the ingredients used to make the cookie mixes (water, oil, butter and eggs)

Dump it all in the mixing bowl and give it a good stir. My plan was to use the mini M&M's to put each child's first initial on each cookie, so I left out the M&M's while I was mixing the dough.


After rolling balls of dough and putting them on the cookie sheet, I used the M&M's and created their initials, putting them as close together as possible since I knew they'd spread out when the cookie baked.


Then I baked them! Hmmm, they didn't turn out quite as cute as I'd hoped.


Still good enough to eat, for sure, but for the rest of the batch I decided to mix in the mini M&M's. So I did...


Much better, don't you think?


All this, and I'm 10 days ahead of schedule! She doesn't need to bring them until next Thursday! After tasting one (mmmmm!) the rest got popped into the freezer for safe keeping.

Now all I have to do is remember to bring them next Thursday. Wish me luck!
 post signature

P.S. Impressed that I baked something? Check back later this week and just maybe I'll have another super simple baking lesson for you. I'm planning on making a strawberry poke cake for Camille's birthday brunch on Saturday!

0 comments: