Thursday, February 25, 2010

i'm no seamstress...

but look what I made today while Camille was at school!


Pretty fancy, huh? I cut the bottom off a white t-shirt, used a gathering stitch to make a skirt out of birthday fabric, hemmed the bottom (the right way, Mom), and sewed them together. And then I thought, why not? Every birthday dress needs a matching cape, right? So I made her a cape! This is what's sewn onto the outside of the cape...


Her birthday present this year from me and Aaron (shhhh, don't tell her!) is a box of dress-up things. So this cape will fit right into the theme!

I can't wait until her birthday brunch on Saturday to give it to her! But I will, don't worry. It'll just be very hard.

I had high hopes of making her a felt birthday crown, but couldn't find the materials I wanted and soon realized I don't have enough time right now. But who knows. Maybe I'll have time to  make her a big sister crown in the next month or two...

Time to go collect the little rugrat from school and get her home so she can take a nap!
post signature

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

these are adorable! Great job! Did you make her other dress up things too? My daughter LOVES dressing up too. What a great gift idea!