Wednesday, September 16, 2009

leaf soup

I'm homebound today due to van troubles. What a headache! But Isabel's parents graciously agreed to bring Isabel to our house to spend the day. What fun the girls had playing outside. Fall is defninitely on its way in as we begin to say goodbye to Summer.

The girls spent most of the morning making various concoctions of leaf soup. Leaves are in season here, you see, and they've learned to cook with what's available.






This is, apparently, Isabel's interpretation of what to do when I tell her to smile. It's more of a pucker, if you ask me. But she was pretty proud of herself nonetheless!




This is, ironically, the first photo I took this morning! But the girls were definitely getting sleepy by the time we went in for lunch.

Lunch was a very delicious grilled cheese sandwich with strawberries on the side. Both girls are now enjoying their much-deserved beauty's sleep. Come to think of it, maybe I should be catching some shut-eye as well!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer is definitely fading away. It's went by so fast! Looks like the girls had a lot of fun, great pictures. They are toooo cute!

Magi said...

I also had my fill of "food" at Ava's "sand cafe"... scrambled eggs and bacon and pancakes AND cupcakes for breakfast yesterday :)