Sunday, July 19, 2009

MckWeekend

To all those wandering over from MckMama's blog, I'd like to offer you a huge WELCOME! I just added an "About Me" post for those of you who are interested in learning a little bit about me and my family. Come visit again soon!

*******

This weekend has been by far our most event-filled weekend of the summer. OK, maybe the most event-filled weekend in several years. Those of you who follow MckMama's (she's the mom of Stellan, the baby boy we've prayed for) blog may have heard about the MckPicnic and MckBrunch that were both held this weekend.

The MckPicnic, which was yesterday morning, was held at park just west of the Twin Cities. We had a great time meeting MckMama, Prince Charming, Big Mac, MckNugget, Small Fry, and of course, Stellan! What a wonderful family they are! It was also great meeting a few of her other blog readers and IRL (in real life) friends like Mama Bear and Kami. (In case you're wondering by now, we did use each other's real life names, not blog names, at the picnic.)

The weather was quite cloudy and chilly, but we all decided it was a blessing in disguise. You see, because of the non-idillic weather, the park was not flooded with people. This made it much easier to keep track of the many small children who were running around while still holding a conversation with other adults.




Camille and Small Fry became fast friends and spent much of the morning together. They especially had fun throwing Bob the Ball to each other!



Another item of interest was the red foam clown nose that came from...well, nobody really knows.




Camille spent most of the morning with people other than me and Aaron. She floated from blanket to blanket, quickly accepting food from whoever would give her any, carrying off waterbottles, and poking belly buttons. She and Small Fry even stole a whole container of Gerber Puffs from another little girl and downed nearly the entire thing, each taking turns sticking their arms in up to their elbows to grab fistfulls of puffs.




Yes, in usual Camille fasion, she was our little social butterfly. She could be found sitting in laps, playing peek-a-boo, and helping others take photos, all without thinking twice about where her parents were! It's true, we're going to have to keep our eye on this one.




The MckBrunch was held this morning, also in the western suburbs. It was at this cute little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called The Green Room. The entire restaurant was reserved for our brunch, which I believe was attended by about 45 women.



The food was delicious! And not only was it delicious, but it was a-plenty. We started off with scones and fruit, then moved on to breakfast (eggs, bacon and french toast) and a complete lunch (salad with grilled chicken, and halibut with asparagus and potatos).



Seriously, the food was so good!


It was very interesting for me, going to something like this. I went by myself, and didn't know anybody there (except for a few I had met at the MckPicnic). But I truly had a wonderful time, and very much enjoyed the conversations I had with the ladies I ate with, as well as my new friend Mama Bear. What a great group of women from all walks of life! There were some single women, some married but without kids, and many who had many children! It was especially fun to see that the moms with small babies brought the babies to the brunch!


One thing I found particularly interesting was the assorment of beautiful purses and diaper bags hanging off the back of the chairs! So fun!


Before we left, MckMama handed out orange bracelets that were made by another woman (aah, I can't remember who!). They are so beautiful, and must have taken a great deal of time to make!

UPDATE: Rumor has it these beautiful bracelets were made by Lori. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!




It may have been a busy weekend, but it was so much fun. Thank you so much, MckMama, for hosting these events! It was such a blessing to meet you and your blog readers and friends. We will all continue to pray for your sweet baby boy, and we will continue to enjoy your blog posts. Keep 'em coming!



PS. Group photo from the MckPicnic to come as soon as it's emailed to me!


PPS. Even after all of this our busy weekend wasn't over! We had family pictures taken tonight in St. Paul. When I have some of those to show (hopefully soon!) I'll do a post about that whole experience!


PPPS. We're still working out the kinks over at Bubba & Belle, but feel free to shoot us an email if you'd like to snag a coffee sleeve for yourself or a friend!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great recap! Love your pictures :) Looks like lots of fun, wish I could have been there!

Jess :) said...

Awesome re-cap!! :) I might just send people over here to read all about it and simply post my pictures on my blog!!! :) You did such a terrific job! Plus, you got pictures of all of the food!! Our table dug in too fast to snap any!! :)

It was great meeting you at the picnic and Camille is adorable! :) I was hoping to see some "Puff" pictures with her and Small Fry!

Again, great post!

Kami said...

Jenna it was SO wonderful to meet you and your family! I wish there had been more time to talk with you, but I do look forward to getting to know you better!

GREAT recap of the weekend! How wonderful it truly was :) I will update my blog soon as well (though likely not tonight!) and can't wait to see other people's pictures too!

Again, it was wonderful to meet you! Have a wonderful night! :)

Amanda said...

Great pictures!! You are really talented...

I think it was Lori that made the bracelets... isn't she so talented!

Great to meet you and your very beautiful girl Camille...

Love your blog BTW!

God bless-
Amanda
http://iammommy.typepad.com

Heidi said...

Thanks for emailing me the link to your MckPost! (Now I'm just making things up)

We just got back and after unpacking and downloading 8 million pictures I will be posting some of my own!

It was nice to meet you and just to bring some real bodies to the faces of so many women!

Heidi (and Kylee)

Jessica said...

Hi, I hopped over from Mama Bears... your post about the MckPicnic and MckBrunch was great. Looks like you all had a great time.

I really enjoyed reading your posts and I am sure I will stop by again :)

Sarah said...

It was so nice to meet you this weekend! And Camille...she is just a hoot! Such a fun little girl!!
~Sarah

Lipstick Jungle said...

Jenna, yes it was me! Can I borrow your picture as I never did take one of them!

It was great to meet you at the 1st Annual (I am banking on it!) MckBrunch!

Lo

Samantha said...

it looks like you guys had such a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Jenna,
It sounds like it was so much fun. We were planning on going on Saturday, but Zach grandpa passed away so we were at the service for him instead. It was nice to hear about it and see all the fun pictures.

Bev

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Awesome recap! Your pics are so beautiful!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Clicking over from MckMama's link! I really am quite jealous of all you lovely ladies who could make it there. =) Unfortunately, I live quite far away from the "Frozen Tundra", so it was logistically an impossibility. =( Maybe someday! Anyway, looks like y'all had a GREAT time! =)

jenna - through mommy goggles said...

Lori, go ahead and grab my photo off the blog! Thank you SO much for the bracelet! I haven't even taken mine off yet :)