Monday, February 6, 2012

what we're reading...

I go to the library without the kids every week or two to switch out our bin of library books. The library closest to our house isn't very kid-friendly, so I don't bring the kids along unless I really have to. When I do bring them I let them each pick out one book. One book? you say? Yes, just one. They are both too young to be able to pick out appropriate books for themselves.

Often, these days, I will request several books from other libraries and have them sent to our library. That way I can just run in and pick them up. Or if I am there by myself and have some time then I will browse the stacks to see if there are any that catch my eye.

The following are the books we currently have checked out:

Tikki Tikki Tembo
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Harry the Dirty Dog
The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury
Jamberry
Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear?


I've also checked out a few audiobooks. Camille has mostly given up naps, but I still require that she rest in her room while Levi is sleeping. So during nap time I let her listen to books on CD. Right now she is listening to Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. I also have Little House on the Prairie and American Tall Tales for her to listen to when she finishes this one.



post signature

0 comments: