Friday, December 4, 2009

brrrr & baby

I just need to start of by saying that it is FREEZING here! Seriously, I wasn't happy that it had been chilly in the mornings lately (and not warming up much during the day), but FOURTEEN DEGREES this morning? What a slap in the face.

Camille hasn't seemed to mind the frigid temperatures. Are kids just immune to extreme temperatures? I don't remember hating the cold of the winter (or the heat of the summer) as a child, but I'm certainly not a fan of it now.

Anyway, I tossed Camille out into the snow this morning to snap a few pictures for Auntie Megan while she is away at missionary training. Bundled up we were. But as soon as we got out Camille took off her mittens. Anyone know how long it takes frostbit to occur when it's 14 degrees out? Me neither.


So we didn't stay out long. Just long enough for her to push her shovel on the driveway a few times (and for me to worry about her bare hands).


Eventually, though, I decided enough was enough. I have too much to get done to add "emergency room for frostbite" to my to-do list for the day. She can learn her lesson (to keep her mittens on when outside) another day. But Camille certainly wasn't happy about having to go inside.


One thing that is keeping this cold weather from bothering me too much is remembering that we will soon be in (hopefully) warm and sunny Florida! That's right. We're taking a much-needed vacation soon to visit Uncle Bryan and Aunt Megan, Mickey Mouse, and some orange groves! We can worry about cold weather when we get back, right?

***

Yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound (at 19 weeks) to check out how our little babe is doing. The ultrasound tech said everything looks great, and we're right on track for an April 29th due date. As I said before, we chose not to find out the gender of this baby. As much as I would absolutely love to know if the baby is a boy or girl, I know even more (and from experience) how amazing it is to find out the news at delivery. So thus, we wait. We will continue to talk about baby names (although we likely won't have anything decided by the time the baby is born, as we didn't with Camille!) and dream about and pray for our unborn child.




There is one thing I need your help with, if you don't mind. We need a temporary name for this kid! With Camille, a few months before she was born she was given the name Chester Taco Taco Chester (long story). So please (pretty please) leave a suggestion (or a few) in the comments area. Aaron and I will look over them (or maybe we'll have you all vote!) and come up with something!

post signature

2 comments:

Magi said...

I will suggest Cool Soft Green, you can have it since my parents didn't think it was good enough for my little brother!

Jenny Bedard said...

Oh Jenna! How amazing! I don't think I knew you were expecting!! yay!!!

Well, hmmmm.... I don't know of a name you could call he/she... umm... I'll think about it!!! But it sounds like it would be much more fun to make it something with a story to it like Camille's!! Enjoy! Many Blessings~