Monday, June 22, 2009

WARNING: Swimsuited Toddlers

Last Thursday I brought Camille and Isabel back to our house to have some backyard fun since it was nice out. Since they girls have transitioned to one nap, we've been getting out of the house each morning to distract them from their temporary sleepiness. So far it's been working, although I'll admit it can be exhausting to find somewhere to go every single day. But, thankfully, it's summer, and we have a plethora of options!

Both girls enjoyed playing on our Little Tikes castle slide. In fact, when my Mom and I first brought them out there, they both climbed up at the same time and got stuck! Once they started taking turns, they were each able to go down the slide several times. Camille decided her favorite part was, when she got to the bottom, she could just lay there. She looked like she was sunbathing!


Isabel had a good time spinning the steering wheel. She also happen to enjoy chewing on it! In her defense, though, I think she was teething.


We turned on the sprinkler, but neither of them was interested in getting very wet. Soon, they found contentment in simply running around the yard, throwing and chasing balls, and exchanging sippy cups.

After a while they both headed back to the porch door and we took that as a cue that it was time to go inside and have a much-needed snack.

Needless-to-say, they both took nice long naps that afternoon!

PS - Kristy, how's that for a "day care" play-by-play!? Not bad, if I do say so myself.

1 comments:

Kristy said...

I love the play-by-play! I will have to share with my colleague who shared her daycare update with me last week that I showed you! I like the photos on yours better too! Not much is cuter than photos of toddlers in swimsuits! :)