Monday, May 11, 2009

Boston Market in St. Louis Park = Toddler Friendly!

The girls and I met Aaron for today for an impromptu lunch date at Boston Market near where he works at Park Nicollet in St. Louis Park. My initial thought was that there would be plenty for the girls to eat there. But upon glansing at the menu and realizing that each side item was $2.29 I became nervous that we were going to end up with way too much food and still not enough variety (not to mention spending a small fortune).

When I started explaining what I needed for the girls to the man behind the counter he just stared at me. I got nervous. What am I going to do, I thought. But I quickly realized he was staring because he was genuinely trying to understand what we wanted and to figure out exactly the best (and most economical) way for us to order. Before we knew it, he was plating up two plates of food for the girls (Aaron and I had already ordered our own meals). He told us that he was going to give us that "Side Dish Sampler" for $5 (plus a cornbread muffin for $.50). We picked their three side dishes (green beans, potoatos, and stuffing) and he put little toddler-sized portions on a plate for each of them, complete with sporks for them to eat with!

He was just so helpful! It was such a blessing to us to have someone so willing to help us out and help us figure out what we needed. He then proceeded to carry our food to our table while we got highchairs for the girls.


Needless to say, the food there was a huge hit with Isabel and Camille. Isabel dug right into the stuffing and did her usual How much can I fit in my mouth? routine.



Camille opted to eat her cornbread and green beans first. Both girls were absolutely delightful during the entire meal!




They topped their meals off with a little "dessert" of my leftover baked apple slices and a swig of milk. All-in-all, it was the best time I've ever had taking both girls out at the same time. It was so wonderful to be able to eat out with them and not feel stressed out at all!


0 comments: