Tuesday, April 17, 2012

these days

These days Camille and I are doing reading lessons from the book Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Today we did lesson 25. She also read the first five BOB books to me this morning. She is so proud of herself when she finishes a book!

These days Levi is practicing sitting on the potty. He has yet to actually use the potty, but he likes getting an M&M for just sitting there. We tried and tried to get him to sit right on the toilet seat but he was afraid. So I broke down and bought a seat insert for him to use. He doesn't mind it as much now.

These days Levi's verbal language has been exploding. For the longest time he didn't say a single word. Then he eventually built up a vocabulary of about 20 words. In the past month or two he's been saying many more words, and been getting his point across using mostly one-word sentences. But in the past week his vocabulary has expanded and he is stringing two or more words together. We hear things like, "Here we are!" and "More please!"  "Levi do it too!" quite often now. It's hard to believe my baby boy is growing up and will be 2 soon.

These days we spend Monday and Tuesday evenings watching Dancing With the Stars. I don't watch much TV and don't follow any other shows, but this is one I watch every season!

These days we are getting things organized, selling this we don't need on Craigslist, and trying trying to get into more of a routine to keep the house picked up. Auntie Megan (who is staying with us now) is a huge help with this, and I fear that all her hard work will unravel as soon as she leaves.

These days we're looking forward to company! In a couple weeks my aunt and uncle from Arizona will visit for the weekend, and our friends Luke and Kristy will be in town for a whole week.

These days I've been feeling homesick, but also very blessed where we are. I enjoy spending time with the people I love. I read and sing to my children, I watch them as they play outside. These days the weather is beautiful. These days I'm more on top of our laundry situation.

These days are wonderful.

post signature

0 comments: