Thursday, December 8, 2011

what we're reading

Here's a list of the books we've been reading lately:

At bedtime we're back to reading The Jesus Storybook Bible every night. Then before we say good night to Camille either Aaron or I will read a chapter or two from On the Banks of Plum Creek.

When we want to read a Christmas story we read The Night Before Christmas, The Polar Express, The Nativity, and Room for A Little One.

Levi's favorite books these days are The Song and Dance Man, The Little Blue Truck,  and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, and Caps For Sale.

Camille is really into Chicka Chicka 123, which we recently picked up from the library. She also likes me to read Charlott's Web, A New Coat For Anna, and Blueberries for Sal. After naptime we've been doing something "school" related, so she often does a few pages from one of her Kumon workbooks. I just picked up one with mazes and this one with cut and paste jigsaw puzzles. She thinks they're the best!

I've read quite a few books lately, but the ones I've enjoyed the most are The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and The Same Kind of Different As Me. I just started reading Shepherding A Child's Heart and am looking forward to learning about this biblical approach to parenting.


post signature

1 comments:

MamaBear said...

I got Little House in the Big Woods on CD from the library the other day and Julia really enjoyed it. I should get my hands on the books and read them all to her one of these days.

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Shepherding a Child's Heart - can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!