Saturday, May 14, 2011

Letter of the Week J (overview)

Just seven weeks in and I'm already getting behind on my Letter of the Week posts. Right now my "to do" list is several pages long. It's a good thing doing this post was on my list or it might never get done!

This week we focused on the letter J

On Wednesday (Or was it Monday? All  the days seem to mesh together sometimes!) Isabel came over for a little bit. Together the girls glued jelly beans onto their J pages.



Another day this week Camille and I used paper plates, construction paper, and tissue paper to make our very own jellyfish. When we brought them home we added them to our poster, along with a Jell-O box and a picture of Josiah. Then Aaron helped Camille come up with some other J words and together they wrote them on the poster.


Camille and my Mom made Jell-O Jiggler J's which were a huge hit with the whole family.



My Mom and I preferred the red cherry jigglers, while Camille and Aaron liked the green lime jigglers the best. 

Another fun little thing Camille got to do a couple times this week was drink juice from a jelly jar. She liked using the little jar, and it was handy to have a cup with a lid without having a sippy spout. I think I'll be using this more in the future for when we're outside needing drinks.

The coming week is shaping up to be pretty busy, so I think we'll be going light on our Letter of the Week activities.

post signature

0 comments: