Friday, March 4, 2011

three

Today is my baby girl's third birthday!

Last night after we read bedtime stories in the living room she asked me to carry her like a baby to her bed. I picked her up like a baby, struggling to balance her weight between my arms so that she wouldn't slip right out the bottom.

My, how the past three years have gone by in a flash.

Just three years ago I held my newborn babe in my arms like a baby. And now I hold her hand as we walk across the street, Camille clutching her favorite doll and me with her baby brother on my hip.

Just three years ago I nursed her during the wee hours of the night. And now I grab a cup from the cabinet (the same cups her daddy and I use) and give it to her so she can fill it herself from the dispenser on the refrigerator.

Just three years ago I swaddled her tightly and laid her in a bassinet. And now I snuggle in next to her at night to make a warm spot for her to crawl to when I leave.

And just three years ago I heard the sweetest sound a mother can hear, her firstborn's very first cry. But today I hear my little girl say to me, "I love you so much Mommy! You're the best mommy ever!"

It's true, my baby is growing up. But as long as I'm able I'll still carry her like a baby to bed at night.

Happy Birthday, sweet Camille. You make your Mommy and Daddy proud! We love you and are blessed by you every single day.

post signature

0 comments: