Friday, August 6, 2010

much ado about nothing

One step forward, two steps back. Three steps forward, one step back. Two steps forward, seven steps back. Five steps forward, three steps back. So goes Camille’s bedtime/naptime-without-a-paci saga. We haven’t given it back to her and likely won’t. It’s going on two weeks now, and while I’m tired of all this sleeptime drama I think we might be headed in the right direction. I do know that once she’s asleep she sleeps much better than she did when she had her paci.


I’ve been seriously considering homeschooling Camille next year for preschool, and potentially beyond. Aaron and I have been talking about it and weighing the pros and cons. It’s not something that had ever crossed my mind until recently and, to be honest, the idea of it sort of freaks me out. But when God starts tugging your heart in an unexpected direction there’s not much to do about it except follow along in faith.

There’s a mosquito bite on the bottom of my foot.

We’ve finally found a renter for our townhouse. Aaron is glad to not have to meet with prospective renters each evening anymore. Now we’re just praying that our renter is as low-maintenance as our last renters.

Levi continues to go to bed ridiculously early. He also has been taking mini naps all day. 45 minutes has pretty much been his max, though occasionally he’ll nap a marathon and stay down for a couple hours. I remember Camille did this when she was a baby. I’m hoping it’s just a phase that I have to wait out. It must be, because he certainly can’t take four or five mini naps every day for his entire life. But gosh, now that I think about it four naps a day would feel delightful!

The diapers are done in the washer so I’d best get them into the dryer so I can hit the sack. I’ve got to catch zzzz’s any chance I can find these days. Though I will admit that Levi is a great sleeper and I only have to feed him once in the wee hours of the mornings. But still, I’ve always been a girl who likes sleep.
post signature

0 comments: