Sunday, July 4, 2010


(Warning: Only read this if you are bored and have nothing better to do.)

Sorry, no photos.

We had a whirlwind of a 36 hour period beginning on Thursday morning. We drove to Fargo with the kids for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary dinner.

We left just after 11 on Thursday.

Levi cried nearly the whole way.
Which meant that Camille couldn't nap either.
We stopped five times on our way there.

Once we got there Camille got down to business demonstrating to my extended family the many many words she knows and how she never stops talking. They were very very patient with her. Even after she'd told them many many times that she had her hair cut (two weeks ago).

The plan was for the four of us to share a room. I must have been overly optimistic. Levi went to sleep just fine. Camille played around for over an hour before she finally fell asleep at 9.

Then she woke up at 12. And didn't go back to sleep until 3:30.

Meanwhile, Levi slept.

Then he woke up at 5 to eat. Which also woke up Camille.

We slept a bit from 5:30 to 7. Then we were up for the day.

On the agenda? Swimming at my parents' hotel pool. Which ended with Camille be so exhausted that she fell asleep in the car on the way home (to my aunt and uncle's house where we were staying). I brought her upstairs and she slept for two hours.

Since she hadn't eaten lunch we gave her a sandwich when she got up, but she didn't eat much. Then just as we were going to head out to the anniversary dinner I kissed Camille's forehead and thought it felt warm.


So we stopped at the drugstore on our way to get a thermometer and some Tylenol (and batteries for Levi's bouncy chair). On our way from the drugstore to the dinner she threw up in the car.

Yuck. Thankfully she hadn't eaten much.

So we cleaned her up, made a quick appearance at the dinner (she was wearing one of Aaron's tshirts) and headed back to the house.

Aaron packed up the car as quickly as he could while I got the kids in their jammies and fed Levi. We hit the road at 6:15 and made it home in one straight shot thanks to sleeping kids.

We pulled in just before 11 on Friday night.

And boy were we glad to be back in our own beds!

Camille's fever only lingered through mid-day on Saturday, and by evening she was back to her usual chatty and energetic self. Just the way we like her!

post signature