Sunday, November 16, 2008

Carolyn's Applesauce Pancakes

I'm not sure if this is technically legal, but my friend Carolyn posted a recipe for Applesauce Pancakes on her blog a few weeks ago. We've had them twice now and LOVE them so much - especially Camille. So I thought I'd post her recipe in case our friends and family want to try them. They are truly delish!

INGREDIENTS:
1.5 cups all-purpose flour (sometimes I substitute in 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for some extra fiber)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup applesauce
2 Tablespoons butter, melted (sometimes I only use 1 T)
DIRECTIONS:
Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg
Combine eggs, milk, applesauce, and butter (I use a whisk)
Add wet to dry ingredients, beating until blended.
Cook as per usual (using a good griddle is key to perfecting these, but they'll taste good any way.)

In tonight's version I added some flax seed (1/4 cup maybe?) just for added nutrients. They're so yummy! Enjoy!

0 comments: