Sunday, August 17, 2008

Guess who's learning to sit up! In just the past couple of days Camille has been able to balance herself enough so that she can sit up on her own for about a minute. She's so cute, and loves it SO much more than laying down!

We've also begun an attempt at cloth diapering. Since in the end it saves us some money, and because it's a heck of a lot better on the environment, we've decided to give it a shot. My goal is to at least do it part time (while we're home, etc.) but if it seems to be going well then maybe we'll do it most/all of the time. We'll have to see. We're only on day 2 and I have yet to wash my first load of dirty diapers (that's my task for this evening), but so far it seems to be going well. I ordered a kit online (a couple diaper covers, seen below, and some prefold diapers) and bought a couple of other kinds to try out. They are certainly bulkier than the disposable diapers, but Camille doesn't seem to mind. She even wore one to church today!



Now that I've written that, I'm sure most (if not all) of you have no interest in Camille's diapers, but I suppose that's ok. If you ARE interested, let me know and we can have an in-depth discussion on the underground life of cloth diapering!

Good news on the job front - I've found a WONDERFUL family to work for! They have a sweet little eight month old daughter and a great love for the Lord. What a blessing they are to us! The Lord has truly answered our prayers. After months of wondering why I haven't been able to find a job, I now know it's because this is where he wanted me to be (of course, He can change His mind at any moment, but for now I really feel like this is His will for me). I am genuinely looking forward to going to work and being able to bring Camille with me. And it is going to be such a blessing for Camille to have a friend she can grow up with. It hasn't yet been determined if I am going to start off part time or full time, but that should be worked out in the next few weeks. Either way, I will be starting at the beginning of September. PRAISE THE LORD, FOR HE IS SO GOOD!!!

That's all for now. I'm watching my niece, Lydia, this week so hopefully I'll be able to borrow my Mom's camera again and get some cute pictures of the girls. It will be nice to spend some time with her since it seems I hardly ever see her. I can't believe she'll be one in less than a month!

Have a nice weekend, everyone! Blessings!

jenna

0 comments: